Sunday, March 18, 2012

Beet Juice

*** you will need a juicer (not food processor/blender) to make this juice ***

There's something you should know about before reading this post.  Given the choice, I would eat nothing but chocolate all day.  0:)  I just don't particularly like the way veggies taste.  Knowing that, I can tell you that this juice is not only tolerable but.....kinda tasty.  Whew.  There, I said it. 

All jokes aside, the juice is pretty good.  Especially considering that it full of fruits and veggies.  It's so good my four year old not only drink its, but asks for it.  

What you'll need for the juice:
   
1 beet.  approximately lemon sized.  much bigger and the juice will be somewhat bitter
1 radish
4 carrots
2 celery stalks
1apple
1 lemon
1 orange (optional) my husband throws them in there, i can't taste a difference.  

I put them through the juicer in that order.  The more citrus items help flush out more of the juice from the first items.  

Then out comes......

Beautiful beet juice.  I know, it seems like an oxymoron.  

linking up at 


3 comments:

  1. I've found that any vegetable juice is pretty good as long you add a good quantity of fruit to it. Oh I wish I had a juicer. I tried making a spinach and pineapple juice in my blender and it turned out to be a nice thick smoothie- kinda gross. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled onto your blog from the blog hop and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a juicer too--we get beets in our CSA box every.single.week and I am the only one who will choke them down (boiled and chilled, with ranch dressing lol), but I can't keep up.

    I make a kale smoothie in my blender, and it is pretty good. I may have to try adding a boiled beet to see what happens. Other than it becoming a very funky color :)

    Here from Sew Darn Crafty

    ReplyDelete