just a few unconstructed thoughts from this week.
1. insanity fit test 1. ashley 0.
2. insanity day 2 is absolutely redic. they have a move called the "level one" were u drop to push up position from standing. 8 push ups. then 8 mountain climbers (running while in plank position) then jump back up to standing position. i find this especially amusing b/c at work we have the "level one machine" where live saving blood or iv fluids are infused at light speed to patients who are crashing.....i needed a level one machine after doing day 2 of insanity.
3. when asked if he was having any problems with his bowel movements my patient responded with "it's only a problem if your around me when i have one" which i thought was quite profound and hilarious.
4. on the same topic....today while going to the potty landry told me to "get out of here momma, it's starting to stink"
5. day 4 of insanity is 20 minutes of non stop (no water breaks, 15 sec mini breaks, nothing) cardio. i'm so out of shape.
6. still waiting for that positive "test." i feel like makers of these tests should get creative and use smiley and frown faces...
7. the weather was amazing today. windows up. ac off.
8. i checked in a patient who was writhing, moaning, clutching his stomach in one hand. holding a half eat little debbie chocolate cake in the other.
9. God is good.